- s used of a player skilled in stealing the ball or robbing a batter of a hit
a ball-hawking center fielder
- Those in the know say that Tuskegee has a ball-hawking hustler named Kendall Mayfield who has moves that make Carr look like he is standing still.
- The other teams make their big scores against each other, not against the ball-hawking Celtics, who never concede a basket until the game is safely locked away.
- By the end of the first quarter, Oregon State's busy Beavers had built up a 20-10 lead; at halftime, by ball-hawking, ball-stealing and hard-driving offensive play, Oregon led 38 .
News & Articles
- Eric Bledsoe's Offseason To-Do List for Maximizing Potential Next Season
After making the jump from the NBA ’s best-kept secret to the intriguing engine on the Los Angeles Clippers’ "A Tribe Called Bench," young guard Eric Bledsoe has some tough offseason work to do in order to maximize his potential heading into next season. Bledsoe made a name for himself last year as a change-of-pace guard to maestro Chris Paul and a ball-hawking perimeter defender. The guard’s ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Nick Saban in CBSSports.com
He's a ball-hawking guy that breaks on the ball,coach Nick Saban said.
- John Gruden in Bucsblitz.com
It's good to have some guys back there with some ball-hawking skills that can cover man-to-man and instinctively play the football when it's in flight,Gruden said.
- Darren Sharper in St. Cloud Times
Very instinctive player. Athletic,Sharper said when asked for a scouting report. "He has the right mindset for a cornerback. Doesn't get hung up on plays too much, and you love to have those type of guys who are ball-hawking cornerbacks -...