- a relating to or caused by bacteria
- Already this bacterial Rip Van Winkle is being touted as a trailblazer for a new industry.
- The difference in the death toll between 1918 and 1968 had little to do with such medical advances as antibiotics for secondary bacterial infections.
- Technically, the otherworldly creatures aren't all alive; many are just bacterial microfossils.
News & Articles
- Bacterial DNA may integrate into human genome more readily in tumor tissue
( National Science Foundation ) Bacterial DNA may integrate into the human genome more readily in tumors than in normal human tissue, scientists have found.The researchers, affiliated with the University of Maryland School of Medicine's Institute for Genome Sciences, analyzed genomic sequencing data available from the Human Genome Project, the 1,000 Genomes Project and the Cancer Genome Atlas.
June 24, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Guidelines changing for sinus infection treatments in children
(KMOV.com) -- The American Academy of Pediatrics is releasing new guidelines to diagnose and treat bacterial sinus infections in children. Previously, doctors prescribed antibiotics for all children diagnosed with a bacterial sinus infection that lasted seven to 10 days. Now, pediatricians can wait and observe children for 72 hours. Pediatricians hope the new guidelines will cut down on the ...
June 24, 2013 - KMOV St. Louis
- Pediatricians: Hold Off On Antibiotics For Sinus Infections
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has new guidelines to diagnose and treat bacterial sinus infections. Many infections develop after a cold, with symptoms including a cough, green or yellow nasal discharge and sometimes fever. Doctors previously prescribed antibiotics for all children diagnosed with a bacterial sinus infection that lasted seven to 10 days.
June 24, 2013 - CBS Minnesota
- Drew Edmondson in Mcalester News Capital
We can show that fecal bacteria in poultry waste is reaching the surface water and groundwater,Edmondson said. "Scientists found areas where the bacterial counts in runoff water from poultry waste disposal fields were similar to those...
- Craig Venter in UPI.com
This newly discovered compound decreases the formation of ever-present cellular messenger molecules, cyclic guanosine monophosphate and cyclic adenosine monophosphate, caused by various bacterial toxins and might prevent or attenuate the intestinal... Ferid Murad http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferid_Murad&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFoHrasiOm_Z9y9btHYeKt45ajK8Q PhysOrg.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.physorg.com/news132855875.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGS-01Jd6lB-TCiErwOlUgJPZJExQ Jun 16, 2008
7494 10745 bacterial For nearly 15 years Ham Smith, Clyde Hutchison and the rest of our team have been working toward this publication today -- the successful completion of our work to construct a bacterial cell that is fully controlled by a synthetic genome," said...