- n a variety of bridge in which tricks made in excess of the contract are scored toward game; now generally superseded by contract bridge
- n the public sale of something to the highest bidder
- v sell at an auction
- France's most celebrated recent auction, the $26 million sale of the contents of the Chteau de Groussay in 1999, was conducted by the French house L'Etude Poulain-Le Fur, but was .
- Town square, community center, social scene--eBay turned into much more than an auction.
- An auction for some Los Angeles real estate Monday may have set a new price-per-foot record and all for a place without much of a view.
News & Articles
- Egypt to sell $550 mln in 1-yr dollar T-bills at Monday auction
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt will offer $550 million in 1-year, dollar-denominated treasury bills at a auction on Monday, the central bank said. The bills will roll over $526 million in similar one-year bills that mature on June 18. At its last auction on May 13, the bank sold $1.25 billion of dollar-denominated bills at an average yield of 3.844 percent. The bank introduced the dollar T-bills in ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Annual bike, property auction planned for Saturday
MICHIGAN CITY — The Michigan City Police Department is hosting the annual bike and property auction at 9 a.m. on Saturday, with viewing beginning at 8 a.m.
June 16, 2013 - The Michigan City News-Dispatch
- Police Auction sells over one hundred bikes
Quad Citians had the chance to bid on bikes at an auction hosted by the police.
June 15, 2013 - WQAD Moline
- Ben Bernanke in Financial Times
Ben Bernanke, the Fed's chairman, says its new facility reduced uncertainty about the amount of liquidity in the system and generated "little, if any, stigma associated with participation in the auction".
- Will Ferrell in CNN
With humor, smarts and unflappable determination, Meg took a small, barely known online auction site and helped it become an integral part of our lives. We're all enormously grateful that Meg dedicated herself to stewarding eBay through its 10 most... Pierre Omidyar http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Omidyar&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ1s0EZty5jteDen695uA3JRIdvg Forbes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/01/23/ap4565846.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFzPZTw8ZLbYhV4egrKOni8oCAwCA Jan 23, 2008
6586 9651 auction We are overwhelmed with the response and generosity to the auction," Ferrell said. "This money will help so many young people with their dreams of attending college."