- s widely separated especially in space
as wide asunder as pole from pole
- r into parts or pieces
- After resting on the ocean floor, split asunder and rusting, for nearly three- quarters of a century, a great ship seemed to come alive again.
- Rent last week by a constitutional crirsis, South Africa was agitated by fears that the Union formed after the Boer War might be put asunder.
- The Chinese-American relationship is a very important one and we don't want to see it torn asunder in any way.
News & Articles
- There's no end to the laughs in 'This Is the End'
In “This Is the End,” hellfire rains on man and beast, the Earth is torn asunder, and there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth. The mood is exactly like what it was like at Sony when the grosses for “After Earth” came in. But as one survivor notes, there...
June 10, 2013 - New York Post
- New Citi Bike Complaint: Not Enough Free Helmets
Before the fabric of the thirty minute news cycle was torn asunder by a brave man in Hong Kong, New York City's bike share program demanded a steady stream of eyeballs because it is new, potentially life-changing, and plagued with technical problems. But when attempting to find new crevasses of Citi Bike criticism, try not to forget the first facet of its appeal: the friggin' bikes have existed ...
June 9, 2013 - Gothamist
- Todd Bridges Divorce Claim: Actor Makes Under $25k a Year
*As we reported last year, the former child actor,Todd Bridges, whose life went asunder because of drugs, and his longtime wife of 14 years, Dori, are divorcing. Todd, who came to fame on “Diff’rent Strokes,” recently filed documents in the divorce case stating that he makes less than $25,000 a year as an actor. To [...]
June 9, 2013 - EURweb
- John F Kennedy in Australia.TO
President Kennedy said, "Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder."
- Ed Rendell in Philadelphia Inquirer
I'm not inclined to rip asunder the education budget for the state and force local school districts to raise property taxes significantly,Rendell said.
- Bob McDonnell in Daily Press
It is inconceivable that the best way to provide such services to a child and his family is by an interpretation that tears the family asunder,McDonnell wrote.