apart : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s remote and separate physically or socially
existed over the centuries as a world apart
preserved because they inhabited a place apart"- W.H.Hudson
- s having characteristics not shared by others
scientists felt they were a group apart"- Vannever Bush
- r separated or at a distance in place or position or time
These towns are many miles apart
stood with his legs apart
born two years apart
- r not taken into account or excluded from consideration
these problems apart, the country is doing well
- r away from another or others
they grew apart over the years
kept apart from the group out of shyness
decided to live apart
- r placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose
had a feeling of being set apart
quality sets it apart
- r one from the other
people can't tell the twins apart
- r into parts or pieces
he took his father's watch apart
- Is This It is full of great guitar hooks, dry pop lyrics ("Alone we stand, together we fall apart I think I'll be all right") and old-fashioned rock-'n'-roll attitude.
- The city pulled together as lives fell apart.
- In this special report, PTI asks: Is interactive technology uniting the world, or pushing us apart? Well, Hello, Dolly For some people, dating is a hassle and getting married just .
News & Articles
- Stricker falls apart with triple bogey on second hole
Stricker falls apart with triple bogey on second hole
June 16, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Mother, daughter four decades apart are UW grads
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Among the nearly 5,000 University of Washington graduates this spring are a mother and daughter four decades apart. Bonnie Swanson, 61, and her daughter Mariah Louie, 21, are earned bachelors degrees. “I didn’t see this day coming,” said Bonnie Swanson. Despite being close to earning her degree, Swanson dropped out of ...
June 15, 2013 - KING5 Seattle
- The once-promising Nuggets continue to come apart at the seams.
The once-promising Nuggets continue to come apart at the seams. Andre Iguodala will opt out of the final year of his contract and test the market as a free agent. [Woj]
June 14, 2013 - Deadspin
- Barack Obama in American Muslim
Obama noted that "the interests we share as human beings are far more powerful than the forces that drive us apart", and added that "there must be a sustained effort to listen to each other, to learn from each other, to respect one another...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Los Angeles Times
...Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said that while the administration was "deeply concerned" about the length of the sentences, America's differences with North Korea over Pyongyang's arms program are "separate and apart from what's...
- Danny Jordaan in AFP
There's never a period when Brad and I are pulled apart. We are not separated for more than three days, ever. We stay really connected. We actually don't go out much. It's funny. We're very homebound. We're very much Mommy and Daddy in our... Angelina Jolie http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelina_Jolie&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGlrjN5N7LqhL14i7LJZOWvqIMAvg NDTV.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx%3FSection%3DMovies%26ID%3DENTEN20100145975%26subcatg%3DMOVIESINDIA%26keyword%3Dhollywood&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH2abQQO9vafHM14TH5NTkOge6-0w Jul 8, 2010
4470 6678 apartheid Jordaan said: I would prefer singing" and called on fans to chant instead. "In the days of the struggle (against apartheid) we were singing, all through our history. It's our ability to sing that inspired and drove the emotions."