- n the classification of someone or something with respect to its worth
- n an amount determined as payable
the assessment for repairs outraged the club's membership
- n the market value set on assets
- n the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event
- The assessment tools include a four-minute hidden camera look at how a dog reacts to finding himself alone near a kitchen counter, bed or couch, with a trash can nearby.
- Districts can also include student oral presentations, demonstrations and projects in their battery of assessments.
- The media buzz is all about General Petraeus's congressional testimony, but Ambassador Crocker's assessment is the more important one.
- President Bush in CNN International
Those decisions will be based on a calm assessment by our military commanders on the conditions on the ground, not reaction by Washington politicians to poll results in the media,said Bush. "In other words, when we begin to draw down...
- David Petraeus in AHN
At the end of that period, we will commence a process of assessment to examine the conditions on the ground,Petraeus said, according to Delaware Online."This approach does not allow [the] establishment of a set withdrawal timetable....