- n the classification of someone or something with respect to its worth
- n a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)
- n an expert estimation of the quality, quantity, and other characteristics of someone or something
- It's impossible to outdo George Orwell's wonderfully overstated appraisal of Miller in 1940 "the only imaginative prose writer of the slightest value who has appeared among the .
- So two months ago, he paid Short Refi Me $1,495 to try to get his banks to agree to be paid off by a new mortgage, based on a current appraisal.
- Any clear-eyed appraisal of the campaign at this stage adds up to two conclusions: The bottom line is that, first, Senator Obama continues to hold a lead that appears to be .
News & Articles
- Russian Board of Appraisers (RBA) publishes the IAAO Standards on Mass Appraisal
Nonprofit partnership “Russian Board of Appraisers” and appraisal company “MOK-Center” Ltd. under the license agreement with International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO,
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Only Certain Home Improvements Pay Off, Appraisal Institute Says
The Appraisal Institute, the nation's largest professional association of real estate appraisers, today advised homeowners to use discretion when deciding which home improvement projects to take on, saying ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Upshur County Appraisal District board approves budget proposal despite pay raise controversy
The Upshur County Appraisal District's Board of Directors voted 3-1 Monday to propose a $790,755 budget, which provides a controversial 5 percent pay raise for district employees — and which is subject to approval by a certain number of the county's taxing entities.
June 11, 2013 - CBS 19 Tyler
- Robert Gates in France24
So I have every confidence in General Petraeus and also in his ability and willingness to call it like he sees it. And I think that will be an honest appraisal,Gates said referring to the September report.
- John Paul Stevens in Consortium News
In a dissenting opinion, Justice Stevens said the majority's action in blocking the Florida recount "can only lend credence to the most cynical appraisal of the work of judges throughout the land."
- CW Bill Young in Washington Post
With sectarian attacks on the rise in Iraq, "I think we have to have a very serious appraisal of how you conduct yourself in that type of situation," Young said.