- n a line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage
- n a message that departs from the main subject
- r on or to one side
stood aside to let him pass
threw the book aside
put her sewing aside when he entered
- r out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts)
brush the objections aside
- r not taken into account or excluded from consideration
all joking aside, I think you're crazy
- r in a different direction
- r placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose
a day set aside for relaxing
- r in reserve; not for immediate use
started setting aside money to buy a car
- Most of these governments haven't put aside money for pensions.
- Yet two days after the election, Thaksin announced that he would step aside, and appealed for an end to the political crisis that had transfixed the nation.
- Now, at 29, Gutierrez is using her fame to spread a message often ignored in the Philippines: there are natural resources aside from beauty and talent.
News & Articles
- La Costa Property Gives Omni a San Diego Jewel
Aside from installing the Omni banner effective July 1, the new owners of La Costa Resort and Spa plan no immediate changes at the Carlsbad golf property, which completed an extensive $50 million makeover in 2011.
June 24, 2013 - San Diego Business Journal
- NAACP head to step aside
The man who has led the Georgia NAACP for the past eight years says he plans to step aside this fall. Edward DuBose said Saturday he plans to let the state NAACP elect a new president at its October convention.
June 23, 2013 - CBS 46 News Atlanta
- New York Lawmakers Set Aside Bill Threatening Tesla Sales
New York ’s Assembly set aside a bill that Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) , the maker of electric cars run by Elon Musk , had said would shut down its Empire State operations.
June 22, 2013 - Bloomberg
- David Cameron in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Cameron said he and Mr Clegg would "put aside party differences and work hard for the common good and the national interest".
- Barack Obama in Chicago Sun-Times
We remain a young nation,Obama said, "but, in the words of Scripture, the time has come to set aside childish things."
- Mitt Romney in Globe and Mail
I must now stand aside, for our party and our country,Mr. Romney told conservatives. "If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator...