- n a feeling of intense dislike
- n the object of a feeling of intense aversion; something to be avoided
cats were his greatest antipathy
- I feel antipathy for anyone who votes against the women reservation bill.
- It has been decades since the war, but there is still antipathy between these two nations.
- With an unpopular war against Iraq looming, European antipathy toward America is on the rise.
News & Articles
- Obamacare, Public Opinion, and Conservative Self-Delusion
One of the more important conservative beliefs about Obamacare, running right alongside the certainty that the law is a disaster that will fail in every respect, is the belief that Americans share their antipathy to the law.
June 13, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Barack Obama in ABC News
Obama's remarks could hurt him with these voters, Saunders says, not caring for Obama saying these voters "cling to guns or religion, or antipathy to people who aren't like them."
- John McCain in New York Times
McCain answered: "They're the government; sooner or later we are going to have to deal with them, one way or another, and I understand why this administration and previous administrations had such antipathy towards Hamas because of their dedication...