antediluvian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Noachian deluge
- n a very old person
- a of or relating to the period before the biblical flood
- s so extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period
a ramshackle antediluvian tenement
- It is no secret that children may be embarrassed by their parents' gray hair, their outmoded clothes and opinions that may seem as antediluvian as dinosaurs.
- Only those antediluvian behemoths can create the signature sculptured, three-dimensional letterpress look of deep impressions made in paper.
- Its streetcars, owned by four different companies (all bankrupt) and operated by a fifth, are mostly high-riding "antediluvian arks.
News & Articles
- Android's Jelly Bean contingent finally surpasses Gingerbread
It's a new era, we tell ya. An era where Google can finally say that its latest build of Android is also the one being used by the greatest majority of Android users. For over a year, Android 4.1+ has been the most up-to-date build of Google's mobile OS, and yet, the greatest majority of those accessing the Play Store were using a build that was bordering on antediluvian. According to the ...
July 8, 2013 - Engadget
- William Branham in Intelligence Report
Through Cain came all the smart, educated people down to the antediluvian flood - the intellectuals, bible colleges,Branham wrote in the kind of anti-mainstream religion, anti-intellectual spirit that pervades the Joel's Army movement to this...
- Miriam Defensor-Santiago in Philippine Star
This is a gross manifestation of the antediluvian mentality that all developing states are beggars to be ignored at whim,Santiago said.
- Fidel Castro in Bloomberg
Biden's "pitiful complaints are regrettable, especially when there isn'ta single Latin American or Caribbean government that doesn't see this antediluvian measure as a holdover from the past," Castro said yesterday, according to an e-mailed...