- a occurring or existing before birth
- Almost one in four women who give birth receives no antenatal care.
- When Tatu became pregnant, she went to the antenatal clinic at KCMC and discovered she was HIV-positive.
- I encounter young couples all the time who are prospective parents but have no way of accessing appropriate antenatal care.
- Andrew Lansley in Times Online
Andrew Lansley, the Shadow Health Secretary, said: "I find it astonishing that Patricia Hewitt can mislead expectant mothers and unemployed midwives by making this announcement without acknowledging the shortage of midwives, that antenatal classes...
- Elisabeth Elliot in HULIQ (press release)
Professor Elliot says, "Failure to provide information about the dangers of alcohol consumption in the antenatal consultation represents a lost opportunity. Accurate recording of antenatal alcohol exposure will help identify children who require...
- Sandra Gidley in this is hampshire.net
Mrs Gidley said: "Antenatal classes help women prepare for childbirth and knowing what to expect can help make the experience a more comfortable and less medical one."