- n a living organism characterized by voluntary movement
- s marked by the appetites and passions of the body
- New drugs are routinely tested on mice and other animals before humans.
- Little scientific work has been done on the "language" of animals.
- The International Union for Conservation of Nature has released its Red List of the world's most threatened plants and animals.
- Jack Hanna in Forbes
This is a first in this country,Hanna said in a telephone interview Wednesday. "I've never heard of an individual (zoo visitor) being killed by an animal. It's much safer going to a zoo than getting in your car and going down the...
- Andre Bauer in Free Times
You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply,Bauer said, according to The Greenville News. "They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to...
- Alan Johnson in AFP
Britain is a nation of animal lovers, but people have a fundamental right to feel safe on the streets and in their homes,said Home Secretary Alan Johnson. "The vast majority of dog owners are responsible, but there is no doubt that some...