- v heighten or intensify
- v give lifelike qualities to
- v make lively
- v give new life or energy to
- s giving spirit and vivacity
- After all, one of the animating forces behind Obama's campaign was the notion that he, and we, had somehow transcended the old racial divisions in America, that he wasn't "the .
- Or is it an effective, animating instrument? The English essayist Thomas Fuller composed a lovely sermonette on anger in 1642.
- This time the animating spirit behind the changes seems to be that regulators let a lot of things slip through the cracks, so there's a need both to give them some new tools and .
News & Articles
- 6 Surprising Things About The IRS Scandal
Interviews with two key IRS staffers describe a workplace where office politics in Cincinnati and Washington, not partisan politics, served as the animating force behind the improper targeting of Tea Party groups.
June 18, 2013 - NPR
- Rick A Ross in International Herald Tribune
It fits the profile of a classic cult in the sense that it's a personality-driven group and that Queen Antoinette is that animating personality and central defining element of the group,Ross said.
- Robert Gates in Reuters
It has become an independent force of its own, capable of animating a corps of devoted followers without direct contact and capable of inspiring violence without direct orders,Gates told a gathering of special operations forces, the military...
- Jeffrey Katzenberg in FOXNews
It's just so hard, because we're still living with it every day, we're working with his creative contribution,Katzenberg told AP. "As we stand here today, there are animators who are animating."