- a of or pertaining to the doctrine of animism
- This animistic attitude has created a spiritual relationship between humans and nature and, in postwar Japan, between humans and machines.
- The larger work is animistic, some of it featuring humans and animals in carvings resembling totem poles.
- The Nongkrem dance is hosted by the Syiem of Khyrim, custodian of the original animistic religion in a society that is now mostly Catholic Christian.
News & Articles
- A spiritual divide splits Indian Country
Native Americans are recognized for our sense of spirituality — both from within and from outsiders looking in at our land-based, animistic, cultural ways of life. A fundamental belief in an omnipresent higher power has sustained our families and tribal cultures for generations upon generations.
Sept. 29, 2013 - Santa Fe New Mexican
- Ryuichi Sakamoto in guardian.co.uk
I think that's a Japanese thing,says Sakamoto. "Japan used to be an animistic society before Shinto imperialism was established. But most of us still have an animistic sense. And you can see it in the way in which we use tools. For us,...