ancestor : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
- Meet your newfound ancestor, a chimplike forest creature that stood up and walked 5.
- No one disputes that this competing ancestor is 6 million years old and thus more ancient than Ardipithecus.
- His ancestor John Churchill had been created first Duke of Marlborough in 1702 for his victories against Louis XIV early in the War of the Spanish Succession.
- Lynne Cheney in USA Today
This is such an amazing American story that one ancestor ...... could be responsible down the family lines for lives that have taken such different and varied paths as Dick's and Barack Obama,Lynne Cheney told MSNBC.
- Herbie Hancock in Herald Times Reporter
I cried a lot watching this,said Hancock, speaking by telephone from his Los Angeles studio. "It just made me think about the connection that we all have from our common ancestor."
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Reuters India
Mrs. Cheney told MSNBC on Tuesday that it was "an amazing American story that one ancestor ...... could be responsible down the family line for lives that have taken such different and varied paths."