- n a person considered as descended from some ancestor or race
- s going or coming down
- s proceeding by descent from an ancestor
- Even so, Athina, the last direct descendant of the legendary Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis, had reason to expect more last weekend.
- A vehicle that promised to revolutionize drowning, the Amphicar was the peacetime descendant of the Nazi Schwimmwagen (say it out loud it's fun!).
- According to legend, Leonidas, King of the Spartans and the hero of Thermopylae, was a direct descendant of Heracles.
- Diane Watson in USA Today
The black descendant Cherokees can trace their Native American heritage back in many cases for more than a century,said Rep. Diane Watson, D-Calif. "They are legally a part of the Cherokee Nation through history, precedent, blood and...
- Kellen Clemens in San Francisco Chronicle
My eyes welled up with tears, it was such a moving experience,Clemens said. "I don't really know if we fully understand just how special it was. That's a direct descendant of Peter, and there he is giving a blessing and a kiss to our...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in FOXNews
We have documented proof that they believe that a descendant of the prophet of Islam will raise in these parts and he will dry the roots of all injustice in the world,Ahmadinejad said during a speech on Monday, according to Al Arabiya.