ambitious : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a having a strong desire for success or achievement
- s requiring full use of your abilities or resources
- When Ethel Leginska decided ten years ago that she would be a conductor, musicians and laymen regarded her as an eccentric, a publicity seeker who was ambitious beyond her sex.
- With her indefatigable persistence, resourcefulness and good humor, Arianna, 55, has gone from ambitious project to ambitious project with varying degrees of success, finding .
- Because it was sufficiently dangerous, popular, newsworthy and, frequently, ambitious to warrant the interest of reviewers.
News & Articles
- Obama gets caught in a trade war with Democrats
As President Barack Obama pushes an ambitious agenda to liberalize global trading, political trade wars are forming — with his fellow Democrats.
June 16, 2013 - Denver Post
- Balloons Could One Day Provide Internet Access From The Stratosphere
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online On Friday, Google announced an ambitious plan to provide true worldwide internet access by using a network of balloons. While using 19th century technology to send instantaneous communications might seem like something out of a steampunk fantasy, Google said it envisions the newly unveiled Project Loon as a way for children living in remote ...
June 16, 2013 - redOrbit
- Obama trade dilemma: Scant support from Democrats
WASHINGTON (AP) — As President Barack Obama pushes an ambitious agenda to liberalize global trading, political trade wars already are forming, and they're with fellow Democrats rather than with Republicans, his usual antagonists.
June 15, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I realize there are those who say these plans are too ambitious to enact,Obama said. "To that I say that the challenges we face are too large to ignore. I didn't come here to pass on our problems to the next president or the next...
- Achim Steiner in Natural News.com
This report gives new urgency to establishing ambitious, formal, and regulated processes for collecting and managing e-waste via the setting up of large, efficient facilities in China,said Achim Steiner director of the UN Environment Program.
- Joaquin Almunia in guardian.co.uk
But the ambitious measures taken by governments and central banks in these exceptional circumstances are expected to put a floor under the fall in economic activity this year and enable a recovery next year,Almunia said in a statement.