- a pertaining to or resembling amoebae
- By dying of amebic dysentery which she had contracted in Chicago last year, Texas Guinan dramatically made the nation aware of an insidious epidemic which plagued the first .
- It was March, and high timean epidemic of amebic dysentery, a filth-borne disease usually transmitted from excreta to the mouth, had plagued Creedmoor's inmates for three years.
- For amebic dysentery (which should not be confused with bacillary dysentery or ulcerative colitis) rest in bed, take liquid diet (milk, whey and broths).
News & Articles
- Parasitic Meningitis Case In Benton, Arkansas
A 12-year-old girl from Benton, Arkansas, Kali Hardig, is currently being treated with parasitic meningitis. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, “Primary amebic meningoencephalitis is a very rare form of parasitic meningitis that causes a fatal brain …
July 27, 2013 - WebProNews
- Arkansas Water Park Closes After Parasite Found
Park voluntarily closed after tests detected the presence of Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis
July 26, 2013 - WREG-TV Memphis
- Parasitic Meningitis case in Arkansas confirmed
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed Thursday afternoon that there is a case of Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis, known more commonly as 'parasitic meningitis,' out of Arkansas.
July 25, 2013 - KTHV Little Rock