alumna : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university)
- The Teach for America alumna, who oversees some 50,000 students and 5,000 teachers, has sparked controversy in the capital by proposing a new contract allowing teachers to earn as .
- Married his current wife, Jean, a Cheers alumna, in 1980.
- Of Wellesley's presidents, none but Ellen Fitz Pendleton has been a Wellesley alumna.
- Ron Perelman in Daily Pennsylvanian
No one was more deserving than this alumna who was both an overseer of the University and the managing editor of the University's newspaper, The Daily Pennsylvanian,said Perelman.
- L Ron Hubbard in Hamptons.com
In a statement, Ron replied, "No one was more deserving than this alumna, who was the first woman editor of the university's newspaper, The Daily Pennsylvanian. Claudia was a journalist with a thirst for knowledge, an amazing mother, and my best...
- Beverly Daniel Tatum in PR Newswire (press release)
Bernice King in establishing this scholarship not only honors her mother but the Spelman legacy as an alumna, and we are grateful,said Spelman College President Beverly Daniel Tatum.