aloes : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a purgative made from the leaves of aloe
- n succulent plants having rosettes of leaves usually with fiber like hemp and spikes of showy flowers; found chiefly in Africa
- According to the Gospel of John, the body of Jesus was wrapped together with "a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight," and though the shroud shows traces of .
- Forman instead brewed up harmless-sounding potions, including one made of "sage, marjoram, elderbuds, ashbuds, berberis, liquorice, aniseed, aloes and juniper berries.
- Most of the laxatives people buy and take are intestine-irritating chemicals which many doctors denounce: cascara, aloes, resins, castor oil, phenolphthalein and salts.
News & Articles
- Spring plant sale begins next week at Arboretum
SUPERIOR — Boyce Thompson Arboretum events over the past two months showcased Australian gardens and plants of Southern Africa: eucalyptus and gum trees, colorful aloes that thrive in desert environs.
Feb. 27, 2014 - Florence Reminder and Blade-Tribune