- n the state of being allied or confederated
- n a connection based on kinship or marriage or common interest
the shifting alliances within a large family
- n an organization of people (or countries) involved in a pact or treaty
- n a formal agreement establishing an association or alliance between nations or other groups to achieve a particular aim
- n the act of forming an alliance or confederation
- Among the Northern Alliance, there were at least twenty dead in the initial attack, when the Taliban overpowered their alliance guards.
- The Western military alliance's raison dtre was to contain Russia.
- If the alliance is not now to drift into irrelevance, or worse, some high-level attention to what its purposes might be in the new world is needed.
News & Articles
- Indian Opposition Alliance Splits Ahead of Polls
Party quits India's main opposition alliance over appointment of Hindu ideologue
June 16, 2013 - ABC News
- NASCAR Alliance Truck Parts 250 Schedule for June 15, 2013
The NASCAR Alliance Truck Parts 250 is scheduled for June 15 at Michigan International Speedway. In 2012, Joey Logano won the race and will be competing again. The Alliance Truck Parts 250 is the thirteenth Nationwide Series race of the season.
June 14, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy Boasts Standing Room Only Turnout at the 16th Annual American Society of Gene and ...
Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy, Inc. , www.acgtfoundation.org, https://twitter.com/acgtfoundation, and https://www.facebook.com/acgtfoundation, today announced that its ina
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Al Gore in The Age
I am deeply honoured to receive the Nobel Peace Prize,Mr Gore said in a statement. "My wife, Tipper, and I will donate 100 per cent of the proceeds of the award to the Alliance for Climate Protection, a bipartisan non-profit organisation...
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
We must be honest with ourselves,Obama said. "In recent years, we've allowed our alliance to drift."
- Robert Gates in USA Today
Such a development, with all its implications for collective security, would effectively destroy the alliance,Gates said at the Munich Conference on Security Policy.