- n (law) a defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question
- n a defense of some offensive behavior or some failure to keep a promise etc.
every day he had a new alibi for not getting a job
- v exonerate by means of an alibi
- Without the aid of a "good alibi," and near the scene of the crime instead of outside the county, John ("Garry") Scaccio, henchman of pasty-faced Gangster Jack.
- Does it really matter if you get a guy's handwriting sample, DNA and alibi if then you don't thoroughly check any of them?" Investigators still suspect that Patsy Ramsey was .
- Lake is convinced that Hatfill must have an unimpeachable alibi or the FBI would have hauled him in months ago.
News & Articles
- Alibi offered in accused Leander attorney case
A possible alibi, testimony contradicting the victim’s account and the defendant’s outcry following her decision not to testify all occurred during testimony Friday in the trial of Leander attorney Carolyn Barnes.
June 10, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- Prosecutor posts as accused killer’s fake girlfriend on Facebook, gets fired
Definitely a tactic that should have been left up to the lead detective on the case, an Ohio prosecutor recently lost his job after attempting to manipulate alibi testimony using Facebook.
June 9, 2013 - Digital Trends
- Prosecutor Fired in Gender-Bending Facebook Ruse
A Cleveland-area prosecutor was fired after he admitted pretending to be a defendant's ex-girlfriend on Facebook in order to convince alibi witnesses for the defense to change their testimony in a murder case, officials said.
June 7, 2013 - ABC News
- Costas Karamanlis in Times Online
We will tolerate no leniency in the attribution of responsibility,Mr Karamanlis said after talks with the president. "Nobody has the right to use this tragic incident as an alibi for acts of raw violence. In these critical hours, the...
- Kurt Westergaard in FOXNews
Asked whether his depiction of the Prophet Muhammad originated from his personal politics or as part of his job as a cartoonist, Westergaard replied: "I am fighting for a just cause. And so you have a moral alibi, which is good, and then I have only...
- Albert Camus in FOXNews
I think of what Albert Camus said: "The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants."