- a related to or concerned with alchemy
- The Edsel had been frantically ballyhooed for months ahead of its arrival with a new kind of highly scientific marketing, an alchemical blend of psychology, mass media and old .
- Mysterious mercury, the only metal liquid at ordinary temperatures, was the basis for the alchemical transmutation of the elements.
- Francesco de' Medici in particular, Cosimo's son, took delight in these because of his proto-scientific, alchemical interests; he was fascinated, like someone seeing pictures in .
News & Articles
- Bon Appétit Takes a Very Close Look at Dry-Aged Beef
Dry-aged beef at Costata. Food writer Francis Lam explores all of the ways chefs are now experimenting with dry-aged tallow, bones, and (of course) meat in the July issue of Bon Appétit , gleaning insights from Joshua Skenes of Saison in San Francisco, Eleven Madison Park's Daniel Humm, and then some. It's a great look into the crazy, flavorful, and alchemical things that happen when the ...
June 25, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Mickey Hart in International Herald Tribune
It was an alchemical thing,Hart said. "It's for other people to decide our fate in history, our place in the culture."
- Terry Gilliam in Vancouver Sun
To have three extraordinary heroic friends of his ride to the rescue -- Johnny, Colin and Jude -- is unbelievable,said Gilliam. "It's alchemical in the sense they took a tragedy and turned it into something absolutely wonderful, and I have...
- Van Morrison in Westword
It was recorded like a jazz session, which is the way I like to do it,says Morrison. "It was an alchemical kind of situation, where the people involved could read the situation and come up with stuff spontaneously, and not belabor it, not...