- n a hose that carries air under pressure
- n a commercial enterprise that provides scheduled flights for passengers
- A flock of new start-ups is taking to the skies and shaking up the airline industry.
- The airline lost an estimated $75 million in 1974 and $165 million in the five years before that.
- An upstart airline crashesThe 200 passengers waiting patiently last Friday morning to board a DC-10 bound for Miami from Manchester, England, were stunned to hear over a.
- Doug Parker in domain-B
Our industry is profoundly challenged by the dramatic increase in fuel prices and we must write a new play book for running a profitable airline,US Airways chairman and CEO, Doug Parker, said.
- Bernie Hamilton in Independent
Unite national officer Bernie Hamilton said the news was "bitterly disappointing", adding: "Rolls-Royce must take a measured approach to this temporary downturn in the airline industry. In the past the company has cut too many jobs and Rolls-Royce...
- Gerard Arpey in Wall Street Journal
AMR Chairman and Chief Executive Gerard Arpey said last week that "the airline industry as it is constituted today was not built to withstand oil prices at $125 or $130 per barrel, and certainly not when record fuel expenses are coupled with a weak...