- n a chamber that provides access to space where air is under pressure
- Major drawback of the parasol: the airlock mechanism would prevent the astronauts from seeing how the operation was proceeding outside the spacecraft.
- The primary payload on the mission is the joint airlock module, which will require two space walks to attach it to the Space Station.
- Then, as the sun reappeared, they began to make their way through the maze of trusses on Skylab's telescope mount, circled part way around the outside of the cylindrical airlock .
- Chris Cassidy in Space.com
I think it's the farthest you could get from the airlock hatch......since the airlock's on the starboard side,Cassidy said in a NASA interview.
- Katee Sackhoff in Buffalo News
The moment I'm most looking forward to is the instant that I come out of the airlock, because we'll be, payload bay facing the Earth, and I'm anticipating the moment of peeking out with my head facing towards the Earth and just seeing the ......... Andrew Feustel http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_J._Feustel&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHYxFP_Ux_mbFR_DMBsPr31zXDvow Spaceflight Now http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts125/090514fd4/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFDQUxLrNAJeBL164x1RT7knpei0Q May 14, 2009
2367 3143 airlock They thought she was dead," Sackhoff says, "and now she's back, which in everyone's mind says 'Cylon.' If we look at past shows, how do they treat Cylons? They airlock them." "So, that's where we come in, with Starbuck getting the...