- r in actual fact
to be nominally but not actually independent
no one actually saw the shark
large meteorites actually come from the asteroid belt
- r used to imply that one would expect the fact to be the opposite of that stated; surprisingly
you may actually be doing the right thing by walking out
she actually spoke Latin
- r at the present moment
the transmission screen shows the picture that is actually on the air
- r as a sentence modifier to add slight emphasis
actually, we all help clear up after a meal
actually, I haven't seen the film
I'm not all that surprised actually
she hasn't proved to be too satisfactory, actually
- A study just published in the journal Psychological Science says trying to get people to think more positively can actually have the opposite effect: it can simply highlight how .
- You mean to tell me that Politicians are actually "playing politics" with an important issue?.
- A University of Texas Health Science Center survey in 2005 found that people who drink diet soft drinks may actually gain weight; in that study, for every can of diet soda people .
- Jairam Ramesh in TIME
There is simply no case for the pressure that we, who have been among the lowest emitters per capita, face to actually reduce emissions,Ramesh said to Clinton at a conference on climate change in Gurgaon, near New Delhi, on July 19. "And...
- Lukas Podolski in San Francisco Chronicle
This would have been a great final, actually,Germany's Lukas Podolski said Tuesday night. "We want revenge for 2008. When you are in a final, you want to win. We still think about that defeat, and it still hurts. We want to reach the...