abruptly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r quickly and without warning
- After establishing a supposed hard line against bailouts over the weekend with Lehman Brothers, the government abruptly abandoned it Tuesday and announced an $85 billion Federal .
- No one disputes the fact that the Bush team departed abruptly from convention when it loosened rules governing interrogations of prisoners.
- Instead he was abruptly pushed aside.
News & Articles
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
DETROIT — Chrysler abruptly agreed to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps Tuesday, reversing a defiant stance and avoiding a possible public relations nightmare over fuel tanks that can rupture and cause fires in rear-end collisions.
June 19, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Chrysler will recall many Jeeps after all
DETROIT - Chrysler abruptly agreed to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps on Tuesday, avoiding a possible public relations nightmare over fuel tanks that can rupture and cause fires in rear-end collisions.
June 19, 2013 - Philly.com
- Cafe closes abruptly in Scotts Valley
Heavenly Café, one of Scotts Valley’s landmark breakfast destinations, closed for business abruptly Sunday, June 9 due to an undisclosed family matter.
June 18, 2013 - Press-Banner
- Bob Woodward in USA Today
He reminded me how he disliked phone calls at the office but said that the Watergate burglary case was going to 'heat up' for reasons he could not explain,Woodward wrote. "He then hung up abruptly."
- Marvin R. Baxter in Southern Voice
But a bare majority of this court, not satisfied with the pace of democratic change, now abruptly forestalls that process and substitutes, by judicial fiat, its own social policy views for those expressed by the people themselves,Baxter wrote...
- Larry Pratt in Reuters India
All the school shootings that have ended abruptly in the last 10 years were stopped because a law-abiding citizen -- a potential victim -- had a gun,said Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America. "The latest school shooting...