- (adj) used of tissue or blood or serum or other biological substances; dried by freezing in a high vacuum
- (adj) preserved by freezing and drying in a vacuum
- (v) preserve by rapid freezing and subsequently drying in a vacuum
- The famous freeze-dried ice cream was created on request for an Apollo 7 crew member, but the astronauts disliked it so much that it has never been used again.
- Arntzen, an Arizona State University biologist, has been working for nearly five years to create what is basically freeze-dried tomato juice but not from any ordinary tomatoes.
- At one point Baur engineered a freeze-dried, just-add-milk ice-cream product called Coldsnap.
- It was a low-tech week with high ideals. No cellphones, no showers, and the cuisine came freeze-dried. Still, 13 Chester County teens shunned modern conveniences in the name of a historic creek and an adventure meant to tap their inner environmentalists.on June 25, 2013 Source: The Philadelphia Inquirer
- MOUNT RAINER NATIONAL PARK, Wash. (AP) — For an hour we stared at the mountain. Four tired hikers at the end of a long day, settling in at Klapatche Park with our freeze-dried dinners, and watching nature's version of television.on June 22, 2013 Source: The Wenatchee World
- "As always, he has his own path in the madness," Verbinski says. "It's interesting what solitary confinement does to the brain. If his brain was sunbaked before, it's freeze-dried now."on Mar 15, 2007 By: Gore Verbinski Source: USA Today
- "We've had a beef stew, a chilli con carne, a sweet and sour and a beef dish (freeze-dried) but to be honest I couldn't tell any difference," said Buckley, who has a good meal and a hot shower as the two leading items on his to-do list on...on Dec 28, 2007 By: Nathan Buckley Source: Daily Telegraph
- Former teacher Dee, of Titchfield, said: "I found a surprise freeze-dried Christmas dinner that someone obviously went to some effort to find for me. God knows what it will taste like." "There are also a lot of random presents to open which...on Dec 23, 2008 By: Dee Caffari Source: Southern Daily Echo