elaborate elaborate /ɪ ˈlæb rət/
- (v) add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing
- (v) produce from basic elements or sources; change into a more developed product
- (v) make more complex, intricate, or richer
- (adj) developed or executed with care and in minute detail
- (v) work out in detail
- (adj) marked by complexity and richness of detail
- The Kissels are rich, or used to be, so it's tempting to savor the elaborate murders and betrayals the family has endured as a long lost episode of Knots Landing.
- Build an elaborate enough course and you'll feel like a little kid playing in the snow again, zooming downhill, popping up in the air, wiping out on a ramp jump a la Evel Knievel.
- Critics say Landmark is an elaborate marketing game that relies heavily on volunteers.
- An elaborate scheme involving private jets and Bollywood stars.on June 13, 2013 Source: Business Insider via Yahoo! Finance
- Tennessee mother Sarah Gilliam was shocked to learn a blogger stole photographs of her 5-year-old son, Jack, from her website and used them to create an elaborate web hoax. The unidentified blogger from North Carolina pretended to be the mother of a boy who had died of leukemia. Gilliam, a professional photographer, was alerted to the stolen pictures when she received an email from The Warrior ...on June 12, 2013 Source: Opposing Views
- Police here said they have uncovered an "elaborate criminal organization" responsible for distributing crack cocaine and arrested its two leaders, including one who was on parole from a previous murder conviction and in jailed as a sex offender.on June 12, 2013 Source: The Huntsville Times
- "The bottom line is the American people are capable of determining their own ideals of heroes and they don't need to be told elaborate lies," Lynch said.on Apr 24, 2007 By: Jessica Lynch Source: International Herald Tribune
- "It's definitely torn," Tomlinson said after sitting out Wednesday's practice. "I can't really elaborate on it because I don't want to give too much information away."on Jan 7, 2009 By: LaDainian Tomlinson Source: International Herald Tribune
- "They had a long-term system of effectively two sets of books and the elaborate lengths they have gone through to cover this up has been extraordinary," said Gallop on the official NRL Web site. "It was through this system that they were able...on Apr 22, 2010 By: David Gallop Source: CNN