disdain disdain /dɪs ˈdeɪn/
- (n) lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike
- (n) a communication that indicates lack of respect by patronizing the recipient
- (v) look down on with disdain
- (v) reject with contempt
- Feted abroad, his countrymen had only disdain for his work and beliefs.
- Karen's boundless ambition got her quickly up the ladder and her disdain for authority brought her down as quickly.
- They held the rival team in utter disdain but paid the price when they suffered a shock defeat.
- Across the South, state leaders are rejecting Medicaid expansion as part of their overall disdain for the Affordable Care Act.on June 16, 2013 Source: The Post and Courier
- "I would describe the whole golf course as manipulated," Johnson said. "It just enhances my disdain for the USGA and how it manipulates golf courses. At the most basic level, Johnson is right. The USGA did manipulate Merion -- and manipulates every U.S. Open course.on June 15, 2013 Source: Philly.com
- Over his decades in public life, former Gov. Albert Rosellini helped bring Washington into the modern era, but newly released FBI files showed the agency did little to hide their disdain for the Democrat.on June 13, 2013 Source: KOMO Seattle
- "We have to be careful of making India some kind of target of disdain in world cricket," Howard said. "I think it is very important we understand there's got to be a fair sharing of responsibilities and no one part of the world, no one...on Jul 3, 2010 By: John Howard Source: AFP
- "What we have ...... seen in these last months is the same partisan spectacle that only hardens the disdain many Americans have toward their own government," Obama said in an address to both houses of Congress.on Sep 9, 2009 By: Barack Obama Source: Bizjournals.com
- "This is a further shift by the Bush administration into Nixonian stonewalling and more evidence of their disdain for our system of checks and balances. ...... Increasingly, the president and vice president feel they are above the law. In America no...on Jun 28, 2007 By: Patrick Leahy Source: FOXNews