- n an impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning
- Fed up with doctors calling them delusional, a group suffering from nightmarish symptoms has pressured the CDC to look into their disease.
- A large-scale study documents the race gap in heart disease: young black adults have the same risk of heart failure as whites who up to 30 years older.
- A new vaccine offers hope against an ancient disease "He is a leprous man, he is unclean," says Chapter 13 of Leviticus.
News & Articles
- Disease Outbreak Threatens the Future of Good Coffee
A disease called coffee rust has reached epidemic proportions in Central America, threatening the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of farmers and the morning pick-me-up of millions of coffee drinkers.
June 12, 2013 - Wired News
- Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization Outraged by Shortcomings of the Chemical Safety Improvement Act of 2013
The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization , an independent non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating asbestos disease, stated today that it cannot support the “Chemical Safety Improvement Act of 2013” (S.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Disease claiming some shade annuals
Henry Homeyer Last fall a reader alerted me to the fungal disease that has devastated that wonderful shade annual, impatiens, throughout much of New England. The disease, called impatiens downy mildew, will be a problem again for most gardeners this year. read more
June 12, 2013 - The Times Record
- Farrah Fawcett in Washington Post
I'm getting regular updates on the situation from the responsible agencies, and the Department of Health and Human Services as well as the Centers for Disease Control will be offering regular updates to the American people so that they know what... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA ABC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/04/obama-on-swine.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEBwadP3VNokg6AhznQTlvm6tkwSQ Apr 27, 2009
28316 37247 disease I do not want to die of this disease. I want to stay alive. So I say to God ...... it is seriously time for a miracle," Fawcett said two years ago in a video diary chronicling her two and a half year battle with cancer.
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
It is the first time in the history of civilization in which the carriers of a genuine plague have not been isolated from the general population, and in which this deadly disease for which there is no cure is being treated as a civil rights issue... Mike Huckabee http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Huckabee&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEoSIK1vNSmaBjF6g8bzwLCkxvsCg Los Angeles Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-huckabee12dec12,0,5514341.story%3Fcoll%3Dla-home-center&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGNL0X25s5z4D9CSkZW3T4oajAKeA Dec 11, 2007
28318 37250 diseased As part of our commitment to public health, our Agriculture Department is closing a loophole in the system to ensure that diseased cows don't find their way into the food supply," President Barack Obama said in his weekly radio and video address.