debut debut /deɪ ˈbju/
- (n) the act of beginning something new
- (n) the presentation of a debutante in society
- (v) present for the first time to the public
- (v) appear for the first time in public
- (v) make one's debut
- In the two months after their August 2006 debut, Steve Barry's sold over 3 million pairs.
- In prospect, it looked like just another Manhattan debut, of which there are 300 every year.
- But they are also taxing debut parts, both vocally and dramatically.
- Maddox Jolie-Pitt made his film debut in father Brad Pitt's new movie "World War Z," but the scene very disturbing. In the movie, Maddox gets shot. Explaining the scene, Brad said, "He gets shot in the head…multiple times. But he gets double tapped. I don't know what that says about me as a parent." Maddox, 11, and Pax, 9, have already seen the movie and "love it." Costar Fabrizio Zacharee Guido ...on June 19, 2013 Source: Opposing Views
- Zack Wheeler lived up to the hype in his major-league debut, pitching six scoreless innings to lead the New York Mets to a 6-1 victory over the first-place Atlanta Braves and a doubleheader sweep on Tuesday.on June 19, 2013 Source: CBS Sports
- Though OF Wil Myers was 0-for-4 in his Tuesday afternoon big-league debut, he still enjoyed the overall experience.on June 19, 2013 Source: Tampa Bay Times
- "In Britain's Got Talent she opened her mouth and the world fell in love with her, which is why her album has been the fastest selling of any woman making her debut," Cowell said.on Nov 30, 2009 By: Simon Cowell Source: Toronto Star
- "She's been locked into pretty much the exact same outfit since her debut in 1941," he said. "If you're going to make a statement about bringing Wonder Woman into the 21st century, you need to be bold and you need to make it visual. I wanted...on Jul 1, 2010 By: J Michael Straczynski Source: Sydney Morning Herald
- "Jason richly deserves to be back in the Test squad following his debut in India," added Hilditch. "Having said that, Nathan Hauritz bowled well in Adelaide and we were pleased with his performance."on Dec 8, 2008 By: Andrew Hilditch Source: Lisburn Today