break of day break of day
- (n) the first light of day
- On a little island in the Zuyder Zee five men arose before the break of day and after due preparations crossed over to the mainland at four o'clock.
- Just as it has for 3,000 years, the miracle of Abu Simbel occurs at break of day.
- Her authority, like that of hundreds of senseis before her, is absolute; a student would no more contradict her than question the break of day.
- MOON TWP. — The break of day today will bring the coldest temperatures of this week’s frigid blast, the National Weather Service said.on January 21, 2014 Source: The Beaver County Times