ancestry ancestry /ˈæn sɛ stri/
- (n) the descendants of one individual
- (n) inherited properties shared with others of your bloodline
- Most of the performers, including Robertson, have some Native American ancestry, which gives the music not only pertinence but resonance.
- There are only two things worth saying about Hill's distinguished ancestry.
- If our democracy did not advance those rights, then I, as a person of African ancestry, wouldn't be able to address you as an American citizen, much less a President.
- Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management, today announced that Ancestry.com is using the company's tag management solution to help streamline its digital marketing operations and increase results ...on June 12, 2013 Source: Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Ancestry service FamilySearch turns to a managed print service strategy to cut costs and boost performance.on June 12, 2013 Source: Baseline
- A first-of-its-kind genetic analysis of Texas Longhorns shows the cattle breed shares a diverse ancestry that spans the globe and mirrors the spirit and self-sufficiency of the quintessential Texan. PONTOTOC, Texas — A first-of-its-kind genetic analysis of Texas Longhorns shows the cattle breed — as much a state symbol as the Alamo and cowboys — shares a diverse ancestry that spans the globe and ...on June 10, 2013 Source: IlliniHQ.com
- "Thirty-six million Americans claim Irish ancestry - I'm sure more do on St Patrick's Day," Obama said of the day that is largely beneficial for pubs.on Mar 17, 2010 By: Barack Obama Source: The Express Times - LehighValleyLive.com
- "It's a small but very real proportion of ancestry in non-Africans today," says study co-author David Reich of Harvard Medical School.on May 6, 2010 By: David Reich Source: USA Today
- Dr. Wells said, "I think that the take-home message from all of this is that if we trace back far enough we all share ancestry with each other. We are all an extended family and that we all originate out of Africa within the last 50,000 to 60,000...on Jul 3, 2010 By: Spencer Wells Source: Wicked Local Lancaster