accumulation accumulation /ə ˌkjum jə ˈleɪ ʃən/
- (n) an increase by natural growth or addition
- (n) several things grouped together or considered as a whole
- (n) the act of accumulating
- (n) (finance) profits that are not paid out as dividends but are added to the capital base of the corporation
- Merkel's leadership style is the art of accomplishing great goals through the accumulation of nuance.
- Filotas does that with a devastating accumulation of evidence spanning 553 pages.
- Yet there are mounting concerns that all this rapid accumulation of wealth may be getting out of hand.
- Health Management Associates, Inc. confirmed today that its Board of Directors has engaged Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP in connection with the accumulation of shares by Glenview Capital Management, LLC, as well as the Board’s ongoing consideration of strategic alternatives and opportunities available to HMA.on June 12, 2013 Source: Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Many plants are self-fertilizing, meaning they act as both mother and father to their own seeds. This strategy - known as selfing - guarantees reproduction but, over time, leads to reduced diversity and the accumulation of harmful mutations. A new study published in the scientific journal Nature Genetics shows that these negative consequences are apparent across a selfing plant's genome, and can ...on June 12, 2013 Source: Newswise
- Up until the late 1960s, it was considered prudent for everyone to have some savings. By forgoing consumption, savings gave the ability to consume more at a later date through the accumulation of interest income.on June 12, 2013 Source: GoldSeek.com
- "People who end up doing this particular thing have an accumulation of stressers in their lives, and ultimately there is the one that broke the camel's back," Dietz said. "Job loss is one of the big ones, and those stressers are happening...on Apr 4, 2009 By: Park Dietz Source: FOXNews
- "There are some problems. We face excessive liquidity, an imbalance in the balance of payments, and rapid accumulation of foreign exchange. But we are taking measures to deal with these issues," Wen said.on May 16, 2007 By: Wen Jiabao Source: Forbes
- "Regarding Iran, we heard today about an enrichment deal. This agreement, if it is signed, will set Iran's accumulation of enriched material back by about a year," Barak said during a speech at President Shimon Peres's Facing Tomorrow conference...on Oct 22, 2009 By: Ehud Barak Source: Jerusalem Post