assemblage : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a group of persons together in one place
- n a system of components assembled together for a particular purpose
- n the social act of assembling
- n several things grouped together or considered as a whole
- Does this concept a fairly rudimentary assemblage of hardware performing prodigious and multifaceted tasks according to the dictates of the instructions fed to it sound .
- Tickets to view the august assemblage were rarer than rubies last week.
- Wrote he: "We don't think it is good editing or sound citizenship to picture the Senate as an assemblage of freaks and crooks .
News & Articles
- CHELSEA: After a dozen years, two friends finally share art exhibit
CHELSEA — “We’ve always talked about having a show together. Then we were invited to do this. We were both like, finally,” said oil painter Michael Thoresen. He was so excited to share a two-person art exhibit with a longtime friend, 3D assemblage artist Joan Painter Jones, that he made about 20 new artworks in preparation for “2D3D” at Chelsea River Gallery.
June 21, 2013 - The Chelsea Standard
- First Teaser Trailer Released for The Lego Movie
Warner Bros. has released the first teaser trailer for The Lego Movie , giving fans a look at the vast assemblage of popular-culture references to be featured in the upcoming comedy.
June 20, 2013 - Animation World Network
- Watch Cher Debut Her New EDM-Flavored Single 'Woman's World'
Cher debuted her brand new EDM-flavored club banger "Woman's World" on Tuesday night's finale of The Voice , and today, all anyone can talk about is her wig. It was a many-splendored thing, an assemblage of oddly-colored tufts that kind of looked like a dead Fraggle. Should Cher continue to work wigs like these on the promotional rounds for her upcoming album, she should have no trouble scoring ...
June 19, 2013 - Zimbio
- Bart Oates in guardian.co.uk
As with our first class of nominees presented in 2007, this assemblage of New Jersey Hall of Fame nominees is indeed impressive,Bart Oates, chairman of the hall's board of commissioners, said Tuesday in announcing the nominees.
- Thomas Jefferson in CNN
Thomas Jefferson, who succeeded Adams, wrote that slavery was an "assemblage of horrors" and yet he brought his slaves with him.
- Alexis de Tocqueville in Freshinfo
In his book Democracy in America, Alexis De Tocqueville explains the relationship between Americans and associations: "The political associations that exist in the US are only a single feature in the midst of the immense assemblage of associations...