- n several things grouped together or considered as a whole
- n a publication containing a variety of works
- n request for a sum of money
- n the act of gathering something together
- Jessica Alba in Hollywoodnews.com
I loved it,Alba told the Associated Press after the show. "I want to be every flower in Galliano's collection."
- Barack Obama in Cherry Hill Courier Post
We have never been a collection of red states and blue states: We are, and always will be, the United States of America,Obama said in his victory speech Tuesday night.
- Albert Einstein in Jewish Telegraphic Agency
The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish,Einstein wrote.