- s suffering from xenophobia; having abnormal fear or hatred of the strange or foreign
- Duran attributes the xenophobic displays at soccer games to the country's recent influx of immigrants a function both of Spain's recent economic success and its declining .
- Romance novelist Dame Barbara Cartland, Diana's stepgrandmother, spoke for xenophobic Britons everywhere when she sniffed, "My only concern is that this Dodi is a foreigner.
- A few years ago, one of our better-run companies, CNOOC, tried to buy a second-tier oil company in Los Angeles, UNOCAL, but backed off after your own xenophobic politicians .
News & Articles
- Letter: Kansas delegation should avoid xenophobia
Members of Kansas' congressional delegation must re-evaluate their association with xenophobic rhetoric and listen to the changing population in Kansas if they wish to remain relevant in future elections. I immigrated to Ulysses at age 15 in 2001.
June 25, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- Malusi Gigaba in New Zimbabwe.com
There have not been any reports that people are leaving because of fears of xenophobic violence,Gigaba said.
- Norman Tebbit in NDTV.com
Writing on his Web site, a Conservative peer, Lord Tebbit, called the American response "a crude, bigoted, xenophobic display of partisan, political, presidential petulance against a multinational company."
- Avigdor Lieberman in FOXNews
Can you imagine anything further from the proposals of Barack Obama than the xenophobic ideas proposedby Lieberman, asked Italy's left leaning La Repubblica newspaper.