world-shaking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s sufficiently significant to affect the whole world
the contest was no world-shaking affair
- So alternate theories the dinosaurs succumbed to allergies, from the rise of flowering plants, or to world-shaking volcanoes in what's now India, or to disease have always .
- As the world-shaking meeting began, UNO seemed oddly like a setting hen with a nest in a threshing machine.
- Outwardly, he did not appear to be a world-shaking revolutionist.
News & Articles
- Edelstein on The Wolverine: Hugh Jackman’s Logan Goes East
Slapped with the generic title The Wolverine, the fifth feature-length appearance of Hugh Jackman’s X-Man John Logan is basically The Bad News Wolverine Goes to Japan and is not especially world-shaking. Which is actually an agreeable change — we’ve had enough apocalypses for one summer. This is just the latest ... More »
July 26, 2013 - Vulture
- Alan Greenspan in RTT News
Following these world-shaking events, market capitalism quietly, but rapidly, displaced much of the discredited central planning that was so prevalent in the Third World,Greenspan noted.