working-class : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s of those who work for wages especially manual or industrial laborers
- s working for hourly wages rather than fixed (e.g. annual) salaries
working-class occupations include manual as well as industrial labor
- Among white working-class "beer" Democrats, however, he sometimes struggles.
- Either way, Obama is going to have to find a way to speak to working-class white voters, if not before the Pennsylvania primary on April 22, than certainly in the general election .
- On Tuesday, he was sans pin on the Senate floor, but then later donned it while speaking to working-class voters in Missouri during the evening.
News & Articles
- Rigoberto Arceo: A smile and a wave
On the working-class Cudahy street where he lived, Rigoberto “Rigo” Arceo, 34, was a staple; known for his smile and wave each time he passed by. He took that smile with him to the halls of St. Francis Medical Center, where he worked his way up from a janitor position to biomedical technician. Late on the night of Saturday, May 11, Arceo arrived at the hospital where he had worked for eight ...
June 20, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Movie Review : In ‘Unfinished Song,’ Vanessa Redgrave Lives for Music
“Unfinished Song” belongs to the school of “The Full Monty” and “Calendar Girls” in its vision of stolid, working-class Britons banding together.
June 20, 2013 - New York Times
- Jersey town mourns loss of 'regular guy' Gandolfini
Working-class Westwood, New Jersey mourned the loss of their hometown hero, TV mob boss James Gandolfini. The Emmy Award winner, who was born in the town’s Pascack Valley Hospital in 1961, still visited the town and was remembered as a regular guy. “We’ve known him for a very...
June 20, 2013 - New York Post
- Harry Reid in guardian.co.uk
Tim was a warm and gracious family man with a great zest for life and an unsurpassed passion for his work,said Senate majority leader Harry Reid. "His rise from working-class roots to become a well-respected leader in political journalism...
- Michelle Obama in CBS News
I am a product of a working-class background, I am one of those folks who grew up in that struggle. That is the lens through which I see the world,Michelle Obama said, referring to her family that lived on the South side of Chicago on her...
- Ken Livingstone in NPR
This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty or the powerful ...... it was aimed at ordinary working-class Londoners,said Livingstone, in Singapore where he supported London's Olympic bid.