- n the feeling aroused by something strange and surprising
- n something that causes feelings of wonder
the wonders of modern science
- n a state in which you want to learn more about something
- v have a wish or desire to know something
He wondered who had built this beautiful church
- v place in doubt or express doubtful speculation
I wonder whether this was the right thing to do
she wondered whether it would snow tonight
- v be amazed at
- My first impression was one of wonder at the pristine cave, a jewel full of stalactites that glittered white under the light of our torches.
- The wonderful world of science-fiction pulps is populated with lithe heroes, bosomy heroines, bug-eyed monsters and space-suited villains from Mars.
- Little wonder that the local population regarded the glacier with awe and terror, viewing its depredations as the work of a mythical and monstrous horned ibex known as Rollibock.
News & Articles
- Wonder Forge, Inc. ™ Secures Multi-Year Game Licensing Rights to Tickety Toc Preschool Property
Award winning preschool game manufacturer Wonder Forge secures games licensing rights to Tickety Toc. Tickety Toc is a breakout TV hit in the US on Nick Jr. Tickety Toc Matching Game launches in Fall, 2013 through an exclusive retail partnership with Toys R Us. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/WonderForgeTicketyToc/06/prweb10827743.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Wonder Woman: Not strong enough for silver screen - yet
This illustration released by DC Comics shows an image of Wonder Woman by artist Nicola Scott. Illustration provided by DC Comics Why, with her pop-culture icon status, her role as a female hero in comics and a powerful stint on a TV series, can't Wonder Woman get Hollywood to give her a solo shot on the silver screen?
June 14, 2013 - The Journal News
- Wonder Kid Ritankar Das Felicitated at Indian Embassy in the U.S.
Washington: India-born wonder kid Ritankar Das, who this year became the youngest graduate topper of the prestigious University of California in more than a century, has been felicitated by the Indian Embassy here for his outstanding academic achievements.
June 12, 2013 - INDOlink
- Barack Obama in CNN International
It's been easy at times to doubt our ability to do such a big thing, such a complicated thing, to wonder if there are limits to what we as a people can still achieve,Obama said. "We are not a nation that falls prey to doubt or mistrust. We...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in USA Today
We expect nothing from the British government and other European governments, whose records and backgrounds are known to everybody and who have no dignity,Ahmadinejad said. "But I wonder why Mr. Obama, who has come with the slogan of...
- Al Franken in CNN
I'm not a typical politician,Franken said in an 8Â½ minute video message on his Web site. "I've spent my career as a comedian. Minnesotans have a right to be skeptical about whether I'm ready for this challenge, and to wonder how seriously...