wizened : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s lean and wrinkled by shrinkage as from age or illness
a wizened little man with frizzy grey hair
- The walls of Cooco's Den Caf are emblazoned with Hussain's searing portraits of the district's denizensfrom teenage prostitutes and thickset madams to wizened harmonium .
- And might she even still be alive somewhere in Serbia, a wizened relic of the great relativist's youthful indiscretion? Even after publication of seven more volumes of Einstein .
- Behind the wheel, the rebel Albanian commander known as Celiku, or "Steely," acknowledges their play-soldier salutes, greets several wizened old men and continues up the mountain .
News & Articles
- After a long absence, the Baptist Generals return for a Jackleg Devotional to the Heart
It's been 10 years since the Baptist Generals were receiving critical accolades for their Sub Pop debut No Silver/No Gold . But a decade later, the Denton, Texas band has finally released their sophomore disc Jackleg Devotional to the Heart , and the Baptist General singer-guitarist Chris Flemmons is approaching the reemergence of his band with a world-wizened enthusiasm.
June 26, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- The guide to men's wristwatches
As the wizened David Bowie once said, “Time may change me, but I can’t trace time.” Clearly, Bowie wasn’t up on the latest timepieces ticking away in the wristwatch departments. Time is indeed traceable my fashionable friends, and all you need is a friendly numbered face to do it.
June 21, 2013 - Independent Florida Alligator
- Carl Pope in New York Times
Back in June, the Republican Party had a round-up,said Carl Pope, the executive director of the Sierra Club. "One of the unbranded cattle - a wizened old maverick name John McCain - finally got roped. Then they branded him with a big 'Lazy...
- President Bush in Investor's Business Daily (subscription)
My goal is to work on the ideal and to reach out and to continue to work and find common ground on issues,Bush said, adding "On the other hand, I've been wizened to the ways of Washington."