- n an upstart who makes conceited, sardonic, insolent comments
- Other wrong or wiseacre answers: the Bill of Rights gives "white people in the South the right to lynch Negroes.
- The first film expands and enriches its schlock source; the second turns a wiseacre mallard into a $40 million promotion for stuffed Howards.
- Saucy comedy, of the sort Jean Harlow personified, was out, as was the scalding, wiseacre melodrama, Barbara Stanwyck-style.
News & Articles
- Joking Popovich still remembers Kidd rejecting Spurs
MIAMI — Spurs wiseacre coach Gregg Popovich couldn’t help but take a playful dig at former Knicks/Nets point guard Jason Kidd for his rejection 10 years ago this July. When asked if he admired Kidd for announcing his retirement and leaving $6.2 million on the table, Popovich said...
June 7, 2013 - New York Post
- 'Violet & Daisy' review: Dark comedy about two teen assassins in NYC
Stop me if you've heard this one before. A couple of hired killers go about their work with dispassionate detachment, conversing in a deadpan, wiseacre patois and existing in some parallel, pop-culture saturated world.
June 6, 2013 - The Oregonian
- Bill Murray in Examiner.com
You know, it's really the studio starts this stuff,Murray told Comingsoon.com. "They start saying 'Ghostbusters.' They want to do (it) and it's really the world of sequels and bringing these things back again, and then some wiseacre said,...