- n the act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information
- v tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information
- Another FBI wiretap overheard Torello telling how he had hung William Jackson, a 350-lb.
- But Brownell's weightier objection to the Keating bill is that it would make only future wiretap evidence admissible.
- That private wiretapping goes unpunished while wiretap evidence is excluded from federal courts, no matter how serious the crime, seems grotesque.
News & Articles
- Obama nominating Comey as FBI director
President Barack Obama has chosen to head the FBI a former George W. Bush administration official best known for a dramatic hospital bedside standoff over a warrantless wiretapping program.
June 21, 2013 - Philly.com
- ‘Out Of Control’: Fox Hosts Take On Whistleblower Claim That NSA Wiretapped Obama In 2004
On Friday, Fox & Friends tackled the recent report about Bush-era whistleblower Russell Tice — who came forward with information about warrantless wiretapping — and his claim that the NSA wiretapped President Obama back in 2004. The report demonstrates why all Americans should care about this issue, they asserted, criticizing an intelligence community that appears to be "out of control."
June 21, 2013 - Mediaite
- Russ Tice, Bush-Era Whistleblower, Claims NSA Ordered Wiretap Of Barack Obama In 2004
Russ Tice, a former intelligence analyst who in 2005 blew the whistle on what he alleged was massive unconstitutional domestic spying across multiple agencies, claimed Wednesday that the NSA had ordered wiretaps on phones connected to then-Senate candidate Barack Obama in 2004.
June 20, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- President Bush in San Diego Union Tribune
Any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires - a wiretap requires a court order,Bush said during a speech on the Patriot Act in Buffalo, NY "Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about...
- Wally Oppal in Vancouver Sun
Right now, the police cannot wiretap suspected criminals unless they've gone through a laborious exercise of telling the authorizing judge that they've gone through a whole bunch of steps. By that time the trail is cold,Oppal said. "We...
- John McTiernan in USA Today
Actually, McTiernan added, "I had hired Anthony Pellicano to wiretap Charles Roven in the summer of 2000. ...... But I never received a report or specific information."