winless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having no wins
the team had a very disappointing winless season
- The Big Ten's Northwestern, winless all last year, kicked its first three conversions, made two points by passing on its last try to build a crucial edge, pulled off a 29-28 upset .
- Neither the driving rain nor the lackluster play could douse the enthusiasm at London's Wembley Stadium on Sunday, where the New York Giants edged the winless Miami Dolphins, 13-10 .
- Most violent was the republic of Chechnya, whose unilateral declaration of independence Moscow ultimately resisted in a bloody and winless war.
News & Articles
- Braves-Padres Preview
Seeking to avoid his longest winless stretch in 11 seasons, Tim Hudson is facing a team that has never beaten him.
June 11, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Earnhardt gearing up to make a run at victory
LONG POND, PA. (AP) - By the time Dale Earnhardt Jr. reached Victory Lane last season at Michigan, the win seemed as much inevitable as implausible. One top 10 finish at a time, Earnhardt built and built before a four year and 143-race winless streak was snapped; a legion of fans ...
June 11, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Indiana, PA - Indiana County
MARION CENTER — Young Township outhit winless Marion Center 11-2 and scored the game’s first seven runs to coast to a 12-2 win in an Indiana County Youth Legion baseball game that was shortened to six innings due to the mercy rule Sunday.
June 10, 2013 - The Indiana Gazette
- Jared Allen in Dallas Morning News
In your mind you don't want to be the team to lose to a winless team this late in the year,Minnesota defensive end Jared Allen said Sunday after the Vikings beat the Lions 20-16. "That's not the part of history that any of us in here want...
- Jeff Gordon in Los Angeles Times
Any win's exciting and meaningful to us right now,Gordon said. "Because of the pressure that we felt from being winless last year, it's important for us to gain some momentum, some confidence."
- Vonnie Holliday in Chicago Tribune
You can't forget about it,Holliday says. "When people around the league think about the Dolphins, they think about the 'almost winless Dolphins.' For me it's motivation. To go through that season was tough. It makes these wins that much...