- a of or designating salaried professional or clerical work or workers
the coal miner's son aspired to a white-collar occupation as a bookkeeper
- The white-collar office may be the best friend the entertainment industry has these days.
- What makes it different from blue- or white-collar? And where will those jobs come from? Phil Angelides has the answers or at least one of them.
- They are your nightmare, these "white-collar robots.
News & Articles
- Ford to Add 800 More White-Collar Jobs in US
Ford plans to add 800 more white-collar workers by the end of 2013 after already signing on 2,200 so far this year. It's the latest indication that the auto industry is struggling to keep up with the surge in domestic sales.
June 13, 2013 - CNBC
- 800 More Job Openings At Ford
The automaker plans to add 800 white-collar jobs over the next six months, in addition to 2,200 new jobs Ford already announced.
June 11, 2013 - CBS Detroit
- Ford to hire 800 more salaried workers
Ford Motor Co. plans to add 800 white-collar U.S. workers during the next six months, bringing its total number of salaried hires this year to 3,000, the automaker confirmed Monday.
June 10, 2013 - Detroit News
- Ken Buchanan in Telegraph.co.uk
The justices were passing judgment on a federal statute used in the prosecution of [white-collar defendants]. It makes it a crime to deprive the public or one's employer or shareholders of the 'intangible right of honest services.' Although a... Ruth Bader Ginsburg http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Bader_Ginsburg&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE_y12gmoT5rtusZg-Rxy_GhrG8uQ Washington Post (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/economy-watch/2010/06/did_jeff_skilling_do_anything.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGp6qYe6KDdo0f-k0089iss3e9unQ Jun 24, 2010
110034 144357 white-collar I would be the oldest professional world champion ever to make a comeback," said Buchanan."It wouldn't be a legal fight, it would be white-collar boxing. I've got to do it, it's the only way to make money. A lot of people will say I can't...
- John Rigas in Bloomberg
Here were these Joe Palookas from a small town, nobody knew them,Rigas said. "Make an example of them. They were after white-collar crime. I think we became victims of that."