- n the countries of (originally) Europe and (now including) North America and South America
- n the cardinal compass point that is a 270 degrees
- n the region of the United States lying to the west of the Mississippi River
- n the direction corresponding to the westward cardinal compass point
- n British writer (born in Ireland) (1892-1983)
- n United States film actress (1892-1980)
- n English painter (born in America) who became the second president of the Royal Academy (1738-1820)
- n a location in the western part of a country, region, or city
- a situated in or facing or moving toward the west
- r to, toward, or in the west
we moved west to Arizona
situated west of Boston
News & Articles
- West Virginia Ranks High in Economic Growth
A new study ranks West Virginia 10th in the country when it comes to economic growth. The state had the largest gross domestic product growth in the southeast, and that means jobs. West Virginia's commerce secretary says it's not just this year's number that's important to look at, but the fact that it's becoming a trend.
June 22, 2013 - WSAZ NewsChannel 3 West Virginia
- 'West Side Story' score stands on its own
'West Side Story' score stands on its own Most people know "West Side Story," that brilliant combination of explosive dance, jazzy melody, intricate wordplay and theatrical stagecraft that first brought Romeo and Juliet - transformed into working-class New York teenagers - to Broadway in 1957. "The whole piece is not done in concert version because it is such a reflection of the unique ...
June 21, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- West Mountain ski area seeks bankruptcy protection
West Mountain ski area seeks bankruptcy protection Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 12:08 pm, Friday, June 21, 2013 QUEENSBURY — West Mountain ski area has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as it tries to ward off a bank trying to foreclose on the ski mountain's property. The ...
June 21, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Robert Byrd in CNN International
New construction in East Jerusalem and the West Bank undermines that mutual trust and endangers the proximity talks that are the first step towards the full negotiations that both sides say want and need. And it exposes daylight between Israel and... Hillary Rodham Clinton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOarXVfe0H5lTsVdy93IEoGrJtYg Asia Times Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/LC24Ak02.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFde3dpueYgZbsRPGQ0csTb4EkOfQ Mar 23, 2010
109710 143776 west Clinton recalled an occasion when, soon after he became president, he told Byrd that if you pave every single inch of West Virginia, it's going to be much harder to mine coal."
- Barack Obama in Sydney Morning Herald
The people of West Virginia have lost a true champion, the United States Senate has lost a venerable institution, and America has lost a voice of principle and reason with the passing of Robert C Byrd,Obama said. "He had the courage to...