- n a person who is under the protection or in the custody of another
- n a district into which a city or town is divided for the purpose of administration and elections
- n block forming a division of a hospital (or a suite of rooms) shared by patients who need a similar kind of care
they put her in a 4-bed ward
- n English economist and conservationist (1914-1981)
- n English writer of novels who was an active opponent of the women's suffrage movement (1851-1920)
- n United States businessman who in 1872 established a successful mail-order business (1843-1913)
- n a division of a prison (usually consisting of several cells)
- v watch over or shield from danger or harm; protect
- But there are only around a dozen singles wards nationwide for those over 30, so most who haven't wed by then move into family-oriented wards.
- Defendants named are: Ward Food Products Corp.
- The ward has two kinds of citizens: the Chronics (the Walkers, the Wheelers and the Vegetables) and the Acutes, who have hope of being fixed up and sent back Outside, where, the .
News & Articles
- Ward H. Goodenough, 94, Penn professor
Ward H. Goodenough, 94, a longtime University of Pennsylvania professor whose work helped shape anthropology, died Sunday, June 9, of organ failure at the Quadrangle in Haverford.
June 15, 2013 - Philly.com
- Charlie Ward at PBC Seminole Club event on Saturday; Jimbo Fisher not coming to Palm Beach County
Charlie Ward at PBC Seminole Club event on Saturday; Jimbo Fisher not coming to Palm Beach County
June 15, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Ward family shares love of farming
Ronald Ward, of Ward Family Farms, feeds corn to his Rhode Island Red hens as he does his morning rounds on the farm. Ward raises chickens, beef cattle, hay and produce on farmland that has been in his family for six generations before him.
June 14, 2013 - The Glasgow Daily Times
- Ben Roethlisberger in Houston Chronicle
People ask me that question, and I want to smack them,quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Monday. "I mean, it's Hines Ward. People ask me all week if he's going to be out there. First of all, it's the Super Bowl. Second of all, it's Hines...
- Terrell Suggs in The Courier News
The bounty was out on him and the bounty was out on 86 (Ward). We just didn't get him between the whistles,Suggs said.