- n any of various large diurnal birds of prey having naked heads and weak claws and feeding chiefly on carrion
- n someone who attacks in search of booty
- Adam Woolfitt Corbis Alas, uplifting news is rare in the vulture world: the big picture is that the birds, commonly portrayed as harbingers of death, are themselves facing doom .
- In recent years, India's white-backed vulture population has begun to drop, a victim of what some ornithologists contend is a virus sweeping across South Asia and .
- The image presaged no celebration: a child barely alive, a vulture so eager for carrion.
News & Articles
- vulture party
Freelance photographer Gale Miko snapped this photo of a tree full of vultures on Rt. 565 in Wantage. Do you have any great nature shots? Submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they may be printed in the Advertiser News North.
June 12, 2013 - The Advertiser-News
- Vulture’s Behind-the-Scenes Timeline of the Tonys, From Rehearsal to After-After-Party
While the rest of us watched the Tonys (or Game of Thrones) on TV, Vulture reporter Jennifer Vineyard got to watch the awards show live at the American Theatre Wing. She also sat through rehearsals, manned a red carpet before the ceremony, and hopped from after-party to after-party until the ... More »
June 10, 2013 - Vulture
- Meet Vulture’s New Pop Critic, Jody Rosen
I’m Jody Rosen, New York’s new pop critic. I’ll be posting here on Vulture, and writing longer essays and features for the magazine. My editors have asked me to say a few words about myself, which is embarrassing. So let’s keep it brief. I previously worked as a music critic for Slate and ... More »
June 10, 2013 - Vulture
- Darren Naish in Times Online
Azhdarchids first became reasonably well known in the 1970s, but how they lived has been the subject of much debate,Dr Naish said. "Originally described as vulture-like scavengers, they were later suggested to be mud-probers - sticking...
- Scott Eyre in USA Today
I got a vulture win,Eyre said. "The way Timmy was pitching, it was kind of fun to watch."
- Gordon Brown in International Herald Tribune
I deplore the activities of so-called vulture funds that seek to profit from the debts owed by the poorest countries,Gordon Brown said in May, the month before he became prime minister of Britain. "I am determined to limit the damage done...