viatical : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a pertaining to the purchase of insurance policies from terminally ill policy holders
- A viatical is not another impotence wonder drug.
- Many viatical deals are marketed to seniors looking for a slightly better return on their retirement income.
- Gloria Wolk, chief consumer advocate for viaticals www.
News & Articles
- The Motley Fool: Uncomfortable investments
Viatical settlements involve buying a terminally ill person's life insurance policy. If someone is expected to live only three more years and needs cash to pay for medical bills or just to spend and enjoy, he might sell his life insurance policy. Many people are uneasy about investing in something that has them rooting for speedy deaths and against medical breakthroughs. Is it bad if a mutual ...
March 19, 2014 - Houston Chronicle